Handouts & General Information
Permits & Requirements
All plan check submittals for major tenant improvements and residential additions over 600 square feet will require, at the time of approval, an electronic copy of the plans as a PDF document.
Download a Permit Application (PDF) to start the permit process today.
- Solar Permitting Tool Kit
- General Construction Handouts
- General Information Handouts
- Re-Roof Handouts
- Disabled Access Requirements
- EV CHARGING SYSTEMS
Solar Permitting Tool Kits
Residential PV systems submittals must include a copy of the contract with the property owner
- Tool Kit Document 1 - Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Document 1a (PDF)
- Document 1b (PDF)
- Tool Kit Document 2 - Eligibility Checklist (PDF)
- Document 2a (PDF)
- Document 2b (PDF)
- Tool Kit Document 3 - Single Inverter System (PDF)
- Document 3a (PDF)
- Document 3b (PDF)
- Tool Kit Document 4 - Microinverter System (PDF)
- Document 4 (PDF)
- Tool Kit Document 5 - Structural Criteria (PDF)
- Document 5a (PDF)
- Document 5b (PDF)
- Tool Kit Document 6 (N.A.)
- Tool Kit Document 7 - Inspection Guide (PDF)
- Address and Phone Numbers of all Regulatory Agencies (PDF)
- Application for Approval of Alternative to Soils Investigation (PDF)
- Residential Electrical Service Panel (PDF)
- Room Addition (PDF)
- Swimming Pool and Spa (PDF)
- Window Requirements (PDF)
- Tenant Improvements (PDF)
- SB 9 Summary
- ADU Ordinance Summary
Disabled Access Requirements
If you have experienced unreasonable hardship to disabled access, apply for the Unreasonable Hardship to Disabled Access Requirements (PDF) also known as Form A.
City Council approved an Ordinance to add Chapter 15.67 titled Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (EVCS) to the La Habra Municipal Code. The intent of this chapter is to help streamline the electric vehicle charging station permitting process that complies with AB 1236 and AB 970, codified in Government Code Sections 65850.7 and 65850.71. In conjunction with this, the City has developed a checklist to help expedite the process.
For more information about the requirements please refer to the links below.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Allowable Working Hours for Construction Activity
La Habra Municipal Code Section 9.32.070 limits construction noise to the following days and hours:
- 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday
- All construction activities are prohibited on Sundays and City observed federal holidays. Those holidays include New Year's Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Construction noise regulations also apply to site improvement activity, building construction, trucks, vehicles, and equipment that are making deliveries, loading or transferring materials, equipment service and maintenance of any devices or appurtenances at or adjacent to any construction project.
The City of La Habra will aggressively enforce these noise control measures. Violators may be issued citations. All persons involved with your project should be advised of these regulations.
Questions regarding construction hours should be directed to the Building and Safety Division at (562) 383-4116.