Each year, the City of La Habra joins with the La Habra Collaborative, the Orange County Caregiver Resource Center, the Institute for Healthcare Advancement, and Providence St. Jude Memorial Foundation to hold La Habra Senior Week. The event offers a week of free events for adults age 55+ and caregivers. At this year's event, which will be held Monday, November 14th-Friday, November 18th, there will be different activities each morning. Participants can
- Shopping for free, healthy foods
- Walking and stretching classes
- Relaxing through meditation and breathing
- Health screenings
- How to recognize and avoid senior scams
- How to feel confident using your cell phone or other devices
- How to safely exercise in the park
- What plans can help you pay for healthy food options
- Tips for safe driving
Mark your calendar and be on the lookout for more details coming soon! For more information, contact the Community Center at 562-383-4200.
To download a copy of the La Habra Senior Week flyer in English, click here.
To download a copy of the La Habra Senior Week flyer in Spanish, click here.