Do I need City approval to make changes to the building or property?
If you wish to make interior building improvements please contact the Building Division at 562-383-4116 to determine if building permits are needed. Typically, if you are using the building as-is with just furniture being moved in, no building permit is required. Should you wish to alter, add, or remove a wall, building permits will be required. Changes to the electrical and plumbing system will more than likely require a permit. Should improvements be planned for the exterior portion of the building or property, please contact us for confirmation that the improvements will not result in a Zoning Code violation. We are here to assist you so please feel free to contact us with any questions. We would much rather discuss with you plans for your business, how to address challenges, and get you in operation with the least amount of time and cost at the outset of the project.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do before I begin my business?
2. Will I require any special permits to operate my business?
3. What type of business requires a Conditional Use Permit?
4. Does my business require a grease interceptor?
5. Who needs a Business License?
6. Do I need City approval to make changes to the building or property?
7. What type of permanent signs can I use?
8. What type of temporary signs can I use?
9. Can I place signs on public property?
10. Can I have outdoor sales or an outdoor event?