Can I have outdoor sales or an outdoor event?
Special Events are permitted for businesses located within the City with the approval of a Special Event Permit. These events are permitted 4 times per year and are classified as "small" and "large" events. A small special event is permitted up to 4 consecutive days. Generally, small special events include grand openings, holiday sales (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc...), or other promotional events. The Special Event Permit for these small events must be submitted to Planning Staff at least 30-45 days prior to the event. For large special events, such as car shows, street fairs, carnivals, and food festivals, a Site Plan Application must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event. Large special events require Planning Commission review and approval. Applications for either a small or large event can be obtained at the Planning front counter or within the Planning Division webpage. Please feel free to contact Planning Staff is you have any questions.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do before I begin my business?
2. Will I require any special permits to operate my business?
3. What type of business requires a Conditional Use Permit?
4. Does my business require a grease interceptor?
5. Who needs a Business License?
6. Do I need City approval to make changes to the building or property?
7. What type of permanent signs can I use?
8. What type of temporary signs can I use?
9. Can I place signs on public property?
10. Can I have outdoor sales or an outdoor event?