La Habra Senior Week
This year, the City of La Habra will join with the La Habra Collaborative, Providence St. Jude Medical Center, VCC: The Gary Center, and the La Habra Host Lions Club to hold La Habra Senior Week. The event offers a week of free activities for adults age 55+ and caregivers and will be held Monday, November 13th-Friday, November 17th, with the Senior Health & Wellness Fair taking place on Friday, November 17, 2023.
The list of activities is as follows:
- Art Appreciation Class Hosted by the La Habra Art Association: The Art Association will be leading a morning art class at the La Habra Community Center. Pastries, fruit and coffee will be provided, and seniors will be given time to visit the art gallery. 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Health, Fitness & Wellness Class: This fun and active class will teach you easy movements and techniques to help promote health and wellness. 10:00-11:50 a.m.
- Tai Chi/Fitness Class: Enjoy the health benefits and learn to be calm and centered in this free Tai Chi class. 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Hillcrest Mobile Wellness: The Hillcrest Mobile Wellness will be providing primary care services for routine medical care, care of chronic conditions and pediatric care. They will also provide family planning and breast / cervical screenings. 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Scam Protection: Latest Scams, Stay Alert!: Learn how to avoid scams with this presentation led by the La Habra Police Department at the La Habra Community Center. 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- La Habra Child Development Performance & Loteria: The La Habra Child Development Center will offer a special performance for our seniors. After, we’ll enjoy a change to our normal bingo day by playing Loteria with lots of fun prizes! 10:00-11:50 a.m.
- Table Tennis: Table tennis is a fun way to stay active. After lunch we will be bring out our table tennis equipment, so come join in on the fun. 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Tai Chi/Fitness & Demonstration: Come enjoy learning some of the many health benefits of Tai Chi with a live demonstration. 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Bingo: Feeling lucky? Join us as we play our weekly bingo with extra prizes! 10:30-11:50 a.m.
- Movie Day: More details to come. 12:45-2:20 p.m.
Health & Wellness Fair: Join us for our annual Health and Wellness Fair! With health screenings and information about services offered for seniors and caregivers. 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.